Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Simply Different

I have been asked a lot lately about Haley and Ryan and how they are similar or different. I have just been noticing the nature of Ryan. He has about 5 words. Other than that he is always talking and pointing. He will get frustrated and scream the most high pitched scream human ears can take. This is not a fit or accompanied by tears. It is simply a "listen to what I am TRYING to tell you!" It is short and loud. Haley did not do this. We figure she didn't really get that frustrated since she was talking at this age. I have been fascinated by the boy vs. girl stuff. I am one to think that gender does not determine personality. I have seen wild girls and some calm boys and vice versa. I was just telling my sisters -in-law that I think it is so interesting that Ryan is exposed to so many girlie things (dolls, strollers, dress ups, etc) from Haley, who also has hammers, tools, instruments. In a mixed basket he will throw the "girl" stuff aside and find the drumstick or truck. He turns anything into a bat and tests everything out by pounding it. Haley used to have full access to the Tupperware drawer. She would surely make a mess of it, but she would take things out one by one and make piles and stacks. Ryan has access to the same drawer and pulls things out by piles and chucks them across the floor. Just so different. He is just about to walk and has already started to climb the stairs (time for those hideous gates). Haley never had a "thing." Ryan LOVES this stuffed turtle Uncle Mike and Aunt Gayle gave him. Haley would crawl to the book basket and ask for books ALL day. Ryan is happy with the stories he gets during the day and at bedtime, but never asks for them.  We are so enjoying learning who Ryan is. Our kids are pretty different, but both so darn delightful.

No comments: