Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Family Update

Oldest to Youngest

Josh- Things are good. Work is busy, which is a great thing in these times. He had a major event a few weeks ago that was a great success. He gets home each day and gets down and dirty with the kids and they both love it.

Jen- 9 more days until summer vacation!!!! I am really excited for the summer. I know I will have my hands full, but in the best way. I have had the luxury of enjoying 2 Girls' weekends in May. One was a trip to Vegas with Courtney and friends and the other was this past weekend in Healdsburg with Joy, KC, and Kim. I am so lucky to have such special friendships and the time to get away with my girlfriends. I treasure it.

Haley- She has been so interested in vocabulary lately. If you say a sentence or read from a book and there is a word she does not know she will stop you and ask about it. Some of the words are hard to explain. Kind of like if someone asked you what chocolate tastes like...it tastes like chocolate! She continues to be awesome with her brother. She helps him reach things in the car and tries to teach him new words. I brought home a stack of books I used when teaching elementary school and you would have thought it was Christmas morning. We have been reading a ton at home. She will start preschool in the fall so this will be the end of her going to Diane's house. That has been such a blessing for our family.

Ryan- He is turning 1 next week! This time last year I was a very pregnant woman. He is a busy boy. Starting to cruise around, pulls up on stuff, points to everything. At 1 Haley wasn't pulling up yet, but had over 30 words. Ryan is pulling up and cruising and has only a handful of words (not Mama or Dada yet!). It is so interesting to see how different they are in ways (physical and verbal development) and how similar they are in other ways (both have always loved food, and have been good sleepers). Ryan is a joy and we are loving every new phase.

This summer should be fun. We are signed up for swim lessons, going camping, going to Tahoe and other little small things. I am sure it will be crazy, but I can't wait.

No comments: