I pride myself on being a good speller. Somehow this concept with all the rules and all the exceptions has stayed in my brain since school. Even if there is a new word I can usually figure out how to spell it. This does not come across in my emails as I am always making typos. I never learned how to type so I do not know the rules of the board. I type fast, but will often miss a key or reverse order. I do not take the time to spell check or read over personal emails, but I probably should. I always want to write back and say " I swear I know how to spell that word. I know that 'student' is not 'sutdent'."
I guess I should have taken keyboarding instead of home ec in middle school. What can you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment