Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Best Day of My Life


Have you ever been asked what the best day of your life is? I used to throw it around when talking and reminiscing about certain days and times- "Yes! Best day ever!" or "That was the best day of my life"

I changed my answer a couple of years ago and I thought about if it still holds true for me and it does.

I realize that today is, in fact, the best day of my life. This is why this is true. No matter what today is, good or bad, happy or sad, sick or healthy, tired or energetic- it holds with it, every single day in the past.
Today is one more day of life experience.
Today is one more day with my kids.
 Today is one more day of love.
Today I am a more experienced teacher.
Today I am a more empathetic friend.
Today I am a more experienced mom.
Today I am stronger than yesterday.
Today I am wiser than yesterday.
Today I have in my heart, all of the wonderful memories and life experiences that make me who I am and continue to become.

Today IS the best day of my life...until tomorrow.

No comments: