Thursday, November 5, 2015

Oprah- 1 Year Ago

When a monumental event changes the course of your life, you spend a lot of time reflecting. At times I find myself thinking about this time last year and where I was and what I didn't know was happening and about to happen. It's a crazy thing to process, but I know it's all part of it.

One year ago this weekend, I had a life changing experience with the Oprah weekend. You can read about it here. 

Little did I know how much that weekend would be acting as a preparation of things to come in my own life. The weekend was a time to reflect, recognize and plan for how to live life from that moment on. The focus was gratitude and purpose. I shared that weekend with 4 other women in my life.

What I took away from that weekend was that I was on the right track - living in a state of gratitude and being very purposeful about every aspect of my life.

One year ago, all was right in my life.
The world was my oyster.
I was grateful.
I was purposeful in my marriage, in motherhood, in my job, with my friends, and with my family.
I knew what I wanted and felt ambitious.
I felt the power of love from my head to my toes.
I felt rich in life, in friendships, in love, in family, in friends.
I was a lover of life- every single aspect of it.
Everything that mattered to me was in place in my life.
I was beyond fulfilled.

It has been a year since this event and 8 months since a huge shift in the circumstances of my life. I am reflecting about the weekend and looking over my notes and remembering the high I had from the whole experience. I am asking myself, "How has that weekend helped, in any way, with what I have been experiencing?" This is how- I am looking at my current attitude and current beliefs and this is my truth...

All is exactly as it should be in my life.
The world is my oyster.
I am grateful.
I am purposeful in motherhood, in my job, with my friends, and with my family. To add, I am realizing a new mother in me- a better and stronger and more fierce one.
I know what I want and feel ambitious.
 I feel the power of love from my head to my toes.
I feel rich in life, in friendships, in love, in family, in friends- more than I ever have.
I am a lover of life- every single aspect of it.
Everything that is important in life is in place in my life.
Even with loss and the grieving that comes with it,  I am beyond fulfilled.

Will you look at that? As much as can change in a year, the core of me hasn't changed at all. That feels so good in my soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an incredible soul. You inspire me in so many ways. Your heart is so beautiful, open, and loving. You deserve all the happiness in the world....and it looks like you have it...although through an unexpected path...you are an elegant navigator.