Thursday, July 11, 2013

Biggest Cliche Parent Move

Today, for the first time in my 8 and 1/2 years of being a parent, I pulled one of the biggest parental moves in my life.

I pulled the car over.

I pulled off the freeway and pulled into a parking lot. I got out of the car and opened Ryan's door and firmly asked him to get out so I could talk to him outside. He was already shocked and tears were forming as we exited the car.

I said I would do it if the behavior continued. It did and I did. I felt like a mom. I think that move makes it more than official. I NEVER thought I'd do that.

Needless to say we had a wonderful rest of the day.

1 comment:

The Book Sage said...

You gotta do what you've gotta do. Sometimes there's just no way around it.