Monday, July 1, 2013

June

I can't believe June was here and gone. It really flew by. We are on TOTAL summer vacation mode and I love it. Late mornings, play dates, and family get togethers. I am pretty sure I say this every summer, but this has been the best summer yet. The kids are getting easier all of the time. I am loving this time off and cherish it so much.

 One thing about summer vacation is the water play. Both Haley and Ryan love the water. It's a good thing, because if they didn't I don't know what I would do. I could live in the water and have been known, from time to time, to not get out of it for hours. The kids feel the same way about it.

 The cupcakes? I made them for Ryan's birthday party. The cocktail? Aqui has 7 new martini swirls. Oh, yes. This one was a mojito swirl and it was DE-VINE.
 We went with some friends to see "Monsters University" the day it came out. There were 18 of us and we took over an entire row at the theater. I loved the movie as it was a "Revenge of the Nerds" remake for kids with monsters. So great. We all came back to our house for a casual dinner- 11 kids running around, playing and sweating. Total chaos-complete enjoyment by all.


 Last year, while we were away in Cancun, the kids enjoyed the day camp through Campbell Community Center. This year they asked to do it again, and again loved it. They both asked for more weeks- um, no. You are forced to hang out with me :) I enjoyed my time during camp week too, but one week is plenty.
Last summer a mom at Capri started family beach days. It was a beautiful day in Santa Cruz last week and look at all the kids! Hours in the waves and plenty of time for me to catch up with some moms. Summer life is heavenly. I'm in total bliss.