Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pinecrest 2013

It was another fantastic camping trip. It was warm and the lake was perfect. We hiked, swam, laughed, played. I love being totally disconnected from our phones and just enjoying nature, family, and friends. Ryan was hit with a bit of sun sickness (hence the sad face in the picture) and took a 4.5 hour nap after we got back from the lake that day- sad! We consumed the most delicious food and drink. The highlight for me was when we were all sitting around the camp fire our last night and we were telling progressive stories. You know, one person starts it, the next person adds to it and so on. The kids were cracking up and so were the adults! This trip never disappoints. I love being outside, in nature and having no idea of the time. We explore, play, climb and swim. The lake is beautiful and it never gets old. I know I write about this trip every year, but it really is my favorite. It's a ton of work before, during, and after but it's just the best. I know camping isn't Josh's favorite thing to do but he is a trooper.  It was a great time. I am missing the smell of pine trees already...and, to be honest, the taste of s'mores as well.













No comments: