The Mazda Tribute has treated us well. We have gone on many a road trip as a family in that car. We brought both of our children home from the hospital in that car. It has carried Haley to her first days of school, and Ryan to his first day of preschool. It has gone back and forth to Santa Clara approximately 1500 times. It has been spilled in, barfed in, laughed in and sung in.
It kept us safe. It was 8 years old when we kissed it goodbye.
I look forward to 8 passengers. It is time. We are into carpools and inviting friends and family. This weekend we bought a new car. I LOVE IT. It feels safe and roomy and luxurious. I look forward to this car carrying my kids as kids, adolescents, and teens and friends and nieces and nephews. Having a new car makes me giddy. I feel proud of the deal I got (Josh was out of town and I didn't anticipate nor can I believe I did this on my own, keeping him updated along the way) but even more, feel so thrilled to have a car that has been a dream car. I bought this car and made the very first sale to the 19 year old who sold it to me. I loved him. The perfect salesperson. He called to let me know he sold 3 additional cars yesterday and I beamed like a proud mother. :)
It is all fantastic.
No comments:
Post a Comment