Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Dear Mom and Dad,


Thank you for:
- getting up with me in the middle of the night when I was a baby.

- dealing with my poop and vomit.

-adjusting your whole life for me and Jake and Jason.

- teaching me manners (especially when you would take out the play phone and teach me phone manners)

- not letting me get a digital watch until I could read a second hand watch.

- having me order for myself at restaurants instead of speaking for me.

- teaching me how to use a map.

-taking us camping and instilling  a true LOVE of nature.

- modeling that a healthy marriage includes time as a couple.

- both working full time yet not missing any of our events or games.

- giving us chores and responsibilities.

- cooking a homemade meal every single work night even though we complained about it.

- instilling a LOVE of music by playing it all the time.

- taking us on trips to Disneyland and San Diego.

- letting me go for anything I was interested in and then funding whatever it entailed (uniforms, competition fees, trip fees, etc.)

- treating me with respect from childhood to now.

- setting rules and boundaries and giving consequences when they were broken.

- sticking to your word.

- modeling the golden rule.

- big homemade breakfasts.

- instilling values that I believe in as an adult.

- limiting our TV time.

- expecting us to always do our best in school and having school be our number one priority.

- all the money you have spent on me/us.

- a perfect wedding.

- your patience.

- Sunday drives.

- providing a household where we felt safe.

- providing a household where we laughed every single day.

- hosting parties and teaching me the love of opening up my home.

- sending me to college.

- having me be responsible for a portion of my tuition.

- showing what a strong marriage looks like and what it goes through.

-loving us.

You have done so much for  Jake and Jason and me. The list goes on and on. I feel blessed to have you as my parents. I don't know a lot of people who have what I have.

No comments: