Tuesday, September 9, 2008

He Sleeps

I now feel comfortable enough to say it. Ryan sleeps through the night. I have been afraid to jinx it. It's been 3 and 1/2 weeks of 10-11 hour stretches at night. The routine is cute. He takes a bath (sometimes his sister gets into the 2 inches of water with him) in his little bath cushion, we bundle him up and talk to him on the change table, he goes into the crib for a book and one round of the mobile, we all say goodnight and that is that. He fusses 50% of the time for a minute or two and the other 50% we don't hear a peep. He is very much like Haley in so many ways. We were able to put her down awake and she'd fall asleep on her own. I have no idea how we were blessed by the sleeping Gods twice, but we will take it! I think Ryan knew I was going back to work and needed the rest...thanks Buddy!

On the adult front, Josh is loving his new job. I can see how excited he is each day when he talks about projects, people and what not.

I have an autistic boy in my room who has named me "Mrs. Russell Sprouts." I love it!
My voice is still hoarse from going out with girlfriends Friday night. It was such a fun night out.

Just FYI Joni (mom-in-law) is having her art debut at the Saratoga Art and Wine Fest on Sept 20th. She'll have a booth there and we'll all be in and out. Come check it out!

No comments: