The venue- Santa Margarita Ranch, was magnificent. The wedding ceremony was under a huge oak and the reception was in the barn.
A stand out moment was at the rehearsal dinner when Court and Ken had Camryn open a very special package. It was framed pictured of the ultrasound of her little brother, due in April. WHAT A MOMENT! The people in the room didn't know either so there was an eruption of cheers and claps and tears of joy.
The night before the wedding, Courtney, Camryn, Haley and I stayed in a hotel. Here are the girls enjoying the bridal suite tub!
The 4 of us slept in the same room and we knew the next day was a big one. It was dark and Camryn kept us giggling- like and old fashioned slumber party. I kept looking at Courtney and saying, " You are getting married tomorrow!" It was so exciting.
Haley and Ryan both got to ride in a limo for the first time. What an adventure!
Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Maid of Honor- Look out!
The wedding was on Halloween, so the bridesmaids coordinated and turned our dresses into costumes. We added tiaras and a sash, all different "Miss" somethings- Demeanor, Terious, Chievous, Behavior. It was a cute idea.
This was right before we went into the reception. I pulled off my speech and Tony (best man) and I pulled of our song. Yes, in case you are wondering, we wrote original lyrics to "Hungry Like the Wolf" and sang it during our speeches.
This is us before we danced the night away and were sweaty fools! Haley and Ryan stayed on the dance floor too!
I wish I had a few pictures of the barn. It was decorated in a grand Halloween fashion complete with dry ice cocktails and a huge candy bar, which included every kind of candy. No child felt sad about not trick or treating that night.
This is the house we stayed in. We had so much fun and the house was beautiful.
Courtney's parents treated us to a lovely brunch in Pismo the day after the wedding.
It was a perfect weekend filled with love.I felt incredibly honored to play such a big role in such a major life event for these two. It was magical.
No comments:
Post a Comment