Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Teaching

This did not happen to me, but it very well could have. The stories of being a teacher are unique and amazing. today I sat, shaking my head as I had a moment to myself to absorb my latest interaction. Today a student pulled me aside because he needed to tell me something. The reason he is in so much pain and walking funny is because he hit his groin this morning and has a swollen testicle. After he showed me with his fingers just how swollen it is, he asked if he could work outside today because it was cool and cold helps bring swelling down. I told him he could, of course.

This is the same young man that told my teaching partner she has a hairy face and could get the Guinness Book Record for bearded lady. He also saw me one morning as I walked onto campus and informed that I am much prettier in the mornings than when he sees me in class.

The stories I have in my short 16 years in the classroom could be a best seller...hmm...