Remember Readers,
The main purpose of this blog is to keep a record of life in our family. It does and will include funny stories, milestones, growing pains, and celebrations.
BEWARE of this post as it includes much celebration (aka- bragging).
Anyone who knows Josh, knows he is one of a kind. I have felt so proud of him recently and I wanted to write about it.
Josh has an equal passion for sports and the arts. Recently, he became involved with a player from the Warriors (his FAVORITE team), Kent Bazemore. Kent has hooked up with Josh's non-profit to work on a program that brings arts to troubled youth. We got to attend a fundraising event where Josh and Kent worked together to raise funds through jewelry sales. Steph Curry came and Josh got to meet him and I got to chat with his wife. So, so cool.
I always love going to work events with Josh. Although it doesn't happen often, I always enjoy observing him interact. It is obvious he is well respected and well liked and what wife doesn't want to see that?
A few months ago, Josh was asked to audition for a show. He hasn't done theater since our mid twenties. Long story short, he made the show and has spent the last month in rehearsals and will spend the next month doing performances. I got to see his first show last night. He. Was. Fab. It was so fun seeing him up there, doing a superb job. I was filled with pride.
The other day he was driving to work and saw a woman on the side of the road waving her jumper cables. Josh turned around to help her, knowing he would be late for work. He pulled up and the woman told him she had been standing there for 15 minutes trying to get help. As he connected the cables, he said it was clear that this woman lived in her car. They chatted for a few minutes and as he was about to leave, he asked her if she needed any money. She started to cry and said that she never asks, that she never wanted to be "that person." Josh drove away yet still wondered what else he could do for her. He had no idea and was still thinking about it when he told us the story at dinner.
Josh is someone who is always getting better. Right now, at this point in life, he is on fire! What an amazing model for me and our kids.
I adore the guy. What can I say?



2 comments:
I like him too.
Very cool Jen!! What a great post! Go Josh!
Post a Comment