I am realizing that we are entering a new phase of parenthood. Ryan is older than Haley was when he was born which means we are officially done with some things. Here's a list of some differences:
-Diapers have been gone from our house for close to a year. I still have a smug feeling when I go to Costco and don't even need to go near the diaper aisle.
-Both kids have chores which include setting the table, vacuuming with the dust buster, putting groceries away, making the bed, clearing the table, helping cook dinner, and keeping their rooms picked up.
- I can take a nap with both kids in the house, of which neither is napping themselves.
-I can exercise while the kids are in the house and they have been known to join in!
All of these things make me realize that we are in a new phase of life. The baby days are gone and now we have 2 kids. I love where we are. We have those moments of impatience, outbursts, stubbornness, etc. There are times that are hard or simply no fun for anyone. I know how good we have it. No matter what, I know where my kids are. I know they are safe and under our roof and that they love themselves and celebrate themselves. They are joyful and loud and musical and smart. They are funny and playful and helpful and loving.
I love this phase we are in. I cherish this moment in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment