Saturday, July 16, 2011

Health

I appreciate health. That might sound extremely obvious, but I actually try to stay aware of when I'm healthy and how much I appreciate it. I'm thankful for things like the ability to run and dance and have all of my body parts in working order.
I don't take the health of my children for granted either. I have stopped and thought to myself, "Everyone I know and love is healthy. I am so blessed." Haley was up with a fever and vomit last night. I barely got sleep even when she was sleeping. I checked on her and listened to her breathing and felt her head.
I just wrote about how hard parenting can be. On the spectrum of life we have it so easy. I will take our hardest day every day if it means my kids are healthy and strong and thriving. I do not take that for granted.

3 comments:

Phil said...

I so agree. I think every day how lucky we all are, how healthy and strong. Poor little Boo Haley. Smooch her from us.

Phil said...

Uh, this is Angela not Phil:) But he loves Haley too.

Lindsey said...

Oh man, I totally feel this every time I hear about a kid with an illness... any illness! It just breaks my heart enough to have a carsick kid, let alone a child who has to struggle with something on a regular basis! Thanks goodness is right!! :)