Monday, September 13, 2010

Quite the Weekend

In chronological order:

Friday night- last minute met some friends at Santana Row for dinner. Kids ran around and enjoyed the live music. So fun. :)

Saturday- I worked at a training all morning. Such great energy from a group of 1st year teachers. I love working with new teachers. I constantly am around that fresh energy and they are so excited, exhausted, etc. While I was there Josh took the kids to Vasona to a picnic organized by some friends. From there we met at the soccer field for pictures and our game. Haley got some good kicks! From there we walked downtown for lemonade and chocolate milk. Then it was date night! Josh had a date with Haley and I had a date with Ryan. Chevrolet had contacted Josh through his Oakland A's blog and gave him 2 tix to the game and a Chevy Equinox to drive around for 4 days. Pretty fun! So they left for the game while Ry and I stayed back. My time with him was priceless. I was all his and he made the calls. Books, outside, doctor, puzzles, dinner, wrestling and train table. "Come on Mama! Let's go (fill in the blank)" and it was done. Followed by bath and bedtime not shared with anyone. It was fabulous. Josh had an equally great time. Haley LOVED the game. The last time she was at a ballgame she was 3 and they were in a box where she and Jack just played around. Josh sent me many texts throughout the game with quotes from Haley:
" I don't want to get any food. I don't want to miss the A's game."
" The Red Sox are out! They're mad!"
"Why is he number 2? I mean, 1 then 2. He should really have a better number."
Rolling her eyes after a player was announced, "Bill Hall...he's mean. He's on the Red Sox."
And on and on. She would rather have stayed the whole game but they left at the bottom of the 7th due to lateness.

Sunday- grocery store, book store then home. Then something amazing happened Sunday. I had had an eventful week with work and being a mom and life in general. It was a week of questioning myself in what I do both at work and at home. It was a time of just needing any sign that I am doing things right. And then I got it. I know that God and my angels work in mysterious ways but the message was loud and clear and I got the validation I needed. AMAZING!
Then Haley had her first visit to the ER. She's ok, I'll start with that. She was at Happy Hollow and ran on the carousel to get to the dragon she wanted to ride on. She tripped and fell and hit her head right on the beak of the eagle. Her eyebrow was hit and she was bleeding. A head wound bleeds so much and you can never tell the severity of it. The ranger came and cleaned her up and said she should be checked out. Her spirits were great. She bounced and hopped around the waiting room while she waited her turn. NO STITCHES! Just some glue to put it back together. I am glad our first trip was such a minor one.

An eventful weekend for sure!

No comments: