Monday, August 16, 2010

I Missed It

I can't believe it, but I missed the first day of school. I have NEVER missed the first day of school, neither as a student or a teacher. I have taught while sick many times, but this one took me by storm and there was no escaping. My staff is awesome and so many people stepped in to help and get everything covered. I felt horrible all day, both physically and emotionally. I just know how nervous and anxious and excited these kids are as they make the transition to middle school. I missed being there and greeting them and meeting the parents and all that comes with the first day. Still can't believe it. Hope that was a first and a last.

3 comments:

Taryn Bills said...

That is so awful!!! I feel soooooo bad for you!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Lindsey said...

We all missed you, but it was best that you kept away from everyone. ;) It's just bad luck. Hopefully you feel better, because I didn't prep anything for you! ;) Love ya!

Tere said...

It was indeed a horrible thing. I'm just so glad that you were able to share in the joy of Day 2.