
I did have to wake Haley up at 7:00 but it wasn't hard. Right when she heard my voice she shot straight up and started clapping her hands. I only cried twice. Once while I was doing her hair and telling her what a big day this is and how proud I am of her, and the other was when I left the campus.

We got to school and there was quite the buzz. I asked her to stand in front of this sign and she replied, "Mom, I don't want to be late for school!"

She walked in her room and found her name tag on the desk. Ry tried to sit next to her but she said, "Sorry little Buddy. This seat is for" (read the nametag), "Diego." This is her teacher for the year! Haley already asked to see her picture again because she forgot what she looked like. She gave a wonderful impression and it is clear she loves what she does. She was so patient, especially with the parents.

She and Taylor saw each other bright and early and were both excited to start! Thank goodness Trish, Tay's mom, is picking Haley up every day. Such a blessing!
She has been giving us bits and pieces of the day...what they read, a dance they did and songs they sang, how they line up, the new friends she made and how her teacher is so nice and taught her how to say "I love you" with her hands (sign language). She already explained that she will have school every day except the weekend and when it's Monday again it's school again (said with enthusiasm). She talked about how she was able to visit the treasure box and was a good listener.
We have a child in school. Let the new adventure begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment