Thursday, April 8, 2010

Getting Up To Date

We are so excited to be leaving for San Diego tomorrow. We have a wedding this weekend and then fun until Wednesday. Looking forward to getting away and playing.

Ryan is very excited about riding on the airplane and going to "an-deego." He is also excited to play at the ocean and go in the hot tub. He is getting so big. He is a chatterbox. He will sing you the ABC's or Twinkle Twinkle and would rather you not sing along- he likes his solo act. He will count to 14 and at the end "blast off." He still can detect veggies and pull them out of any food. He is good about sharing-most of the time. He still gives his music requests when we get in the car, mostly PapaHugs.

Haley got her 2nd tooth, again behind the baby tooth. Her dentist said to give it 3-4 weeks and the baby teeth could loosen up and fall out. If not, he will pull them...ugh. She is reading big books to us. The kind of books with 5-6 sentences on a page. She is starting to understand punctuation and how to end a sentence based on it. I love that she loves to read and feels so accomplished when she finishes a book. It's truly amazing to watch children constantly develop new skills. Haley is starting to ask when soccer starts again. Glad she wants to play again. She is also asking about kindergarten on a regular basis.

Josh got to meet Will.I.am from the Black Eyed Peas the night before their show. They chatted it up throughout the night and took a photo together. At the end of the night Josh said "Will, you better give my wife a good show tomorrow!" His response, "You got it Russell!" What?! How?? I should have been at that work event.

I am ready for spring break for sure. Although I feel much better, professionally, than I did a few weeks ago, I do feel a bit ready for this year to be over. This group has put my partner teacher and I through the wringer. 8 more weeks...

The family is good. We stay busy with all fun/good things and trying to keep balance in our lives. Life remains pretty darn sweet.

No comments: