Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a wonderful day today seeing Aaliyah and coming back to make a lobster tail dinner. It was great. We were at Costco today and saw 2 lobster tails for $19. We knew we wanted to make a semi-nice dinner to not totally ignore the day. They ended up being delicious!

Valentine's Day has turned into a significant day for me. Not just because it's a whole day focused on letting people know you love them, but because 4 years ago on Valentine's Day I went to bed only to be woken up at 3:30am from my water breaking. Tomorrow I will relive the day as I have for the past 3 years. Haley was born on the 16th, but my labor started on the 15th at that early hour.

4 years ago on Valentine's Day I remember we went to go see "Hitch" and get some dinner. We saw the movie, but I was too uncomfortable (for obvious reasons) to make it to dinner so we came home. 

I wonder at what point you don't relive the day in your head?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NEVER! It's too significant!!! I love and miss ya!! Happy V-Day. Love T-Bone

Angela said...

I am still reliving the day too..."here's what I was doing at this exact moment two years ago." I think we always will.