Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I've Turned a Corner
I truly am an adult. The other night I was at the gym and I walked into the bathroom to find 2 teenage girls smoking pot. IN THE GYM BATHROOM! 10 even 5 years ago I would have laughed to myself at the stupid act and went on my way. All I could think was if that was my daughter I would want to know. Here I would think she is off to the gym with her friend (a membership I probably would be paying for) and she's going to smoke pot! Then my teacher side came in and I thought, if they get in trouble now then maybe it will prevent them from making worse decisions than the current one. I thought of approaching them myself and giving them a talking to, but decided against it only because it would not have the same impact as if they were approached by the staff. Needless to say, I told the front desk, they called their parents and canceled their memberships. This may be naive, bit hopefully they learned their lesson?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dude, Jennifer, why did you rat those girls out? They probably would have shared if you were nice!
Haha! Just kidding. I definitely have joined the Jedi force of adulthood as well... ;)
You totally did the right thing, but I'm not sure I would have had the presence of mind to think through all my options. Good job!
I can see how you were a bit torn Jen, but you're walking the walk here. Way to follow your gut.
Post a Comment