Tuesday, December 19, 2023

A Letter to My Family- 2023

 It's that time!

My Dearest Knuckleheads,

This is the proudest I've ever felt as a mom and that is saying something! As you get older I am seeing you find your voice in the world. I am seeing how you are sometimes gradually, and other times rapidly, gaining your independence. This year I have reflected on how my role as your mom has evolved through the years. We are at a point where my role is shifting again from teaching or guiding you through life's obstacles to supporting you along the way. You are thinking for yourselves and honoring who you are. I stand back and beam. Being your mom is the biggest part of my life. You are my heart.
Dear Ryan,
What an incredible young man you are! Each and every year you are growing into a man with even more integrity, work ethic, and chaRIZZma. You are a social butterfly and keep everyone laughing. It's been awesome witnessing you become more disciplined in your life- both with school and your physical health/strength. It goes to show, yet again, that anything you set your mind to, you succeed at. I cherish our daily routine of waking up and bantering and teasing, picking you up from school and bantering and teasing, daily chores and homework and dinner while bantering and teasing, and taking you to and picking you up from the gym while bantering and teasing. What I cherish even more are the real moments of connection we have when you share your thoughts or feelings on life's events. I am honored to be your mom.


Dear Haley,
For the life of me, I couldn't format your pictures side by side. Annoying! haha. 18 year old, high school graduate, college student- what a year for you! You earned your way to Boise State and here you are, living the college life, finding your way in a whole new way. Through you I experience things as a mom for the first time. I have never had a child move out of the state. My heart has never experienced so much happiness for you as you choose your path. You are missed all the time and our time together is just that much sweeter. I cherish sending TikToks back and forth and our ridiculous obsession with women who are queens. I'm so proud that you are putting yourself out there in new ways that I know are out of your comfort zone- and you're killing it! You know that your life is yours to live and you are really living it! The best is yet to come. I am honored to be your mom.


Another great year in the books. With each passing year, I grow wiser with how life works. The challenges don't end, but I keep doing the personal work so when a tough time arises I have more skills to take it on, process it, accept it for what it is, put it where it belongs, and move forward. There was loss and heartache this year and I try to keep it in perspective. Everyone is healthy. My kids are growing and thriving. My friendships are solid and beautiful. I'm in love with a wonderful man who adds such light to my life. 2023 was a solid year with many milestones. Life feels good. Bring it on, 2024!

















No comments: