Thursday, October 17, 2019

Summer 2019






I've been away from writing for quite awhile. I do not want to miss the opportunity to document life. Here was our summer this past summer. We camped and hung out and went to Tahoe and a big Disney cruise to the Virgin Islands- epic in so many ways.



Pinecrest is just my solid vacation each year. It kicks the summer off in nature, with family and friends, and is my favorite thing- camping! This year the water was FREEZING and it was the first year ever that I did not jump off the boat. 



                                           Annual family reunion and drink contest!


Another beautiful year in Tahoe!



The cruise was truly unbelievable. We went with great friends- Giorgettis, Nissens, Schwartzes.The kids got along so well and mixed in all ways. the highlights for me were the following...

1. Sharing a little cabin with my kids and just being in the same space.My soul.
2. My kids experiencing a new level of independence as they explored and did things without us while on the ship. they ate and swam and organized their activities and had to find our cabin. It was so great for them and me.
3. The time with my friends and their kids- having a chance to catch up and connect, both with adults and kids. I rode the water slides with different kiddos. I sat and caught up with my friends. We LAUGHED. A lot. A lot.


4. Giving all the kids a sip of my beer while taking a shuttle home from the baths.Then telling them tales about when their moms were young and "cool". They were in awe.
5. Our wonderful server (forgot his name and this is why I need to stay updated on writing) from Croatia.


6. Meagan's Bay in St. Tomas. We had the whole cove area to ourselves. Kids snorkeled and followed a turtle and other creatures.
7. Disney island- we just loved the beach days.


The original 4 young teachers- how this all started...




Above are pictures of the Baths and caves at Virgin Gorda in Tortola.We took the local ferry (what a crazy ride!) and beat the crowds on all stops. Gorgeous



8. The morning routine and spot. Each morning we were at sea, Carlos would secure our adult spots. I mean, come on!










9. I wanted just one picture of the 3 of us in the water. That's how it turned out and I smile every time!
10. Playing cards and listening to the live music every day when we set sail. It was my happy place.

It was a trip never to be forgotten. Just so wonderful.







No comments: