In February we had our annual trip to Palm Springs. We went a few days early and I surprised the kids with a trip to Universal. It was awesome. They came Friday morning ready for school and I said, "you're not going to school today!" Their faces were priceless.

The drive was the worst weather I'd ever driven in. Torrential downpour and accidents all along the way. At one point I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a car spin out and hit the median. We were SO HAPPY to arrive. My aunt texted to see how we were because she heard there was a huge sink hole near the park. Yikes!
Cousins!
So awesome that family came. This is family we just connected with in the last couple of years. my dad has half sisters and they have kids and grand kids and it makes for much fun with new found family.
Here they are on the little slide, but this was the first year Ryan conquered the big slide. His goal was to go on it 100 times by the time we left. He made it to 78.
Another first without my dad. His physical presence is so missed. The trip was beautiful and wonderful and full of all the feels.
No comments:
Post a Comment