Friday, March 25, 2016

Jennifer Garner

                             

I have always liked Jennifer Garner.I like the way she presents herself in the public eye. Of course I don't know her, but she was pregnant with her daughter while I was pregnant with Ryan. Her marriage ended the same time/month that mine did- so I actually think of her often.She and I are on the same timeline of these things. Is that weird? Haha.
 I have read her recent interviews about how she's doing and how she's moving on and I have compared it to how I am doing. She's strong and stoic and graceful (at least to the media)- exactly how I want to be.

Last night I saw her movie "Miracle From Heaven." This movie is the true story about a little girl with an incurable disease that miraculously is cured when she falls down a tree head first. I promise I didn't ruin it. It's all in the previews!

I am not religious, but very spiritual. The movie hit home and I felt even more connected to her because of the role she portrayed and the message she helped send. The bottom line is that whether we are religious or not, miracles happen every single day, every single moment. We need to see them as such. People see miracles as these huge unexplained acts or happenings. Yes, there are those. But the message also showed that most miracles are in our every day lives.

Miracles are in the faces of those we love. Miracles are in strangers' acts of kindness. It's easy to see all that is wrong or all that you wish for. If we focus on miracles and recognize them when they occur, our lives are much richer. It has nothing to do with religion or faith, but what is happening to you and around you every single day.

See the movie. It's worth it.  Jennifer and I should meet for a drink one day :)

No comments: