Friday, December 12, 2014

What Goes Out, Comes Back In

One huge idea at the Oprah weekend was the law of motion and the law of energy- what goes out, comes back in. She stated this something she "knows to be true. It is law."

I am a believer in karma  but had not really connected it to this idea of law. It made me think. What am I putting out there in the world? How am I influencing what my children put out into the world? I thought about people in my life and what they are putting out there.

There are people that live on the negative side. You know those people- anytime you ask how they are doing there is some story of doom and gloom.

There are people that live on the positive side. You know those people. They can find light in most situations and live life on the bright side. And it's not fake. It's honest.

In my own life I have too much evidence to doubt this concept. I can think of very specific times in my life when I was not in a good spot. I was negative about school or work or personal relationships. Unpleasant things seemed to pile on. Was it because I was putting negativity out there and that's all that was available to come back to me?

I see it like this. I have a closet of clothes that I have picked out. I can't expect to one day have designer clothes when I haven't put any in my closet as an option. Energy works the same way. I only have access to what I have put out.

I think of life lately. Just in the last month, we went on an incredible vacation that we were invited to. We received a free piano from a friend. I was talking to Josh about this last night.

Whenever I feel my self sliding into a place that is not my best self, I have an experience that pops me right back to positivity. Recently it was this life changing weekend which was followed by Hawaii and the piano. When I am right with myself, positive things happen for me and my family. Deepak said, "when you desire from your true self, the universe will answer. This does not happen when you desire from sadness or grief or envy or anger or frustration, only from your true self."

Two months ago I was in the attic and brought the keyboard down for the kids. On Veteran's Day I went back up and found my old piano books. I spent 30 minutes playing (or at least attempting to play) and it was pure joy. I hadn't stopped to think that the keyboard could be for me too I walked downstairs and opened up the community center guide looking for lessons for me and the kids. Sure, we didn't have a piano, but we had a keyboard. Then I let my mind wander and thought about having a piano. I even researched the cost- WAY OVER ANY CURRENT BUDGET. Then a month later I am offered a free piano. I desired from a place of truth and look what happened! I didn't even realize I was putting that desire out there. I didn't even realize it was a desire!

I have several stories like this that support this theory, both positive and negative. One thing I do know is that you can't just say the words. You have to do the work to be in an honest place with yourself and those around you. You can't just say you want things to be different. You have to make them different.

So, I ask myself- what am I putting out there in the universe?What did I do to be gifted the amazing trip with my family and friends or to be offered that piano that has already brought such joy to our home?

I am pondering...
I am wondering...

No comments: