I know I probably post the same thing every year, but this camping trip is a true highlight for me. I LOVE being disconnected and just being submerged in nature with my family and friends. Every year I breathe in the fresh air, swim endlessly in the refreshing lake water, and soak in how blessed I am. Nature is my zen. It's one thing to wake up and get ready and enjoy being outside each day. It's another thing to be outside for 4 days straight. I cherish our time there.
How was this year different? Well, first of all, for the first time in Pinecrest history, every family who has ever joined us was able to come this year. We had all 9 families together for the first time. It helps that we have THE BEST friends. A stand out moment was when I swam out to the buoys and looked back at the beach. Kids were in smalls clusters playing together and the adults were laughing and conversing- all mixed. I take such delight in my friends becoming friends.
Second of all, Ryan made the hike around the entire lake for the first time. We usually do a ladies hike and a mens hike and this year we all went together. All the kids were troopers as they climbed over rocks and hiked the 6 miles around the lake.
Third, Haley is at the age where she can just go out in the lake and hang out. Of course we watch her out there but she has the freedom to swim out the the edge of the swim area without an adult going with her. The 3 older kids owned the lake :)
Forth, we rented pontoon boats for the first time! This is a new tradition that we will do every year. It was SO FUN to be out in the middle of the water, finding rocks to jump off of and having the kids take turns driving the boat (thanks Captain Ken!).
Pinecrest has such a special place in my heart. I grew up camping there and now my kids are too. It fills me with joy.


1 comment:
9 families? It doesn't get any better than that.
Post a Comment