A few weeks ago Ryan started T ball. Being a part of the Campbell Little League has just been another reminder of why I love living here. It is a total sense of community.
On the first day of games, they held opening ceremonies. It was a celebratory way to kick off the season. The players were all out on the field while several community members spoke including the league president, the chief of police, and a sponsor who has been sponsoring 2 players a season for the last 60 years.
We sang the National Anthem and the players repeated a pledge about being hard workers and good sports. The ceremonies ended with the youngest player in the league (4 years old) pitching to the oldest player in the league (12 years old). Yes, I had tears in my eyes- SHOCKER!
Baseball is a nostalgic sport for me. I never played it, but my brother did and we were raised in a baseball loving family. I spent many hours at the little league fields and went to several Major League Baseball games. For me, it is that all American, feel good sport.
Ryan likes it so far. He is learning new skills and is attentive at practices and games.
Like anything, there are the die hard parents who see baseball as life. As a newer parent, I realize that these parents are around in any extra curricular activity your children are involved with. They have reality shows about these parents and I have joked about how one could be made about moms and dads in soccer, baseball, swimming, etc. I am so thankful our coach is down to earth and treats the boys with patience and kindness. Josh is coaching as well which is so cute to watch.
Looking forward to a fun season.
Go Blasting Bats!



No comments:
Post a Comment