Sunday, February 23, 2014

9


Last weekend Haley turned 9. We have been on vacation so I didn't get to post right away. I went to write this post today and it took several sessions as I found myself looking through all of the old photos of her. This happens every year with the kids' birthday posts. I get lost in scrolling through the pictures and letting the memories flood in. It's a beautiful way to spend time.

Haley- you are 9. You are beautiful and soulful and sensitive and smart. I love that you sleep with your head at the foot of the bed. I love that you are a hard working student. I love that you choose nice/kind girls as friends. I love how much you love to read and how once you start a series, you get sucked right in. I love your sense of humor. I love that you love to try new things.You are growing up and I am trying so hard to honor where you are in life and not slow you down or speed you up. I see you changing every day and it is a glorious sight to see.

Your 9 years on earth have been pure sunshine. Happy birthday.


No comments: