Sunday, September 8, 2013

AZ Reunion

Yes, these posts are late, but I am getting caught up. 

 This summer we were treated by visits from the U of A crew. The Meyersons came to stay with us since their daughter was swimming in a meet at a local high school. it just happened that while they were visiting, both Tom and Graham were in town. It was so great to have these guys back together and for me to get in some quality time not only with the guys (including Tom and his creepy mustache), but with Jenny and Emily as well.
 I have often referred to Jenny's blog on this blog. She hasn't been writing in quite some time but is just as spunky as ever. She is a wonderful soul to be around. We had a great time reminiscing and reconnecting.

One of the nights we had the guys over for beer. We all sat around the couches while telling stories of the old days. I even heard some new ones! They bring out such joy in each other. The teasing was in full effect, of course.
I did love going to Emily's meet one of the mornings. I swam for about 7 years as a kid. Being at the pool and seeing the swimmers and smelling the chlorine brought of of those memories back- Jason and I riding our bikes to practice every summer morning at 6:30am. The long meets on Saturdays. Competitive swimming wasn't really my passion, but I learned a lot as a swimmer and it was cool to relive some memories.

It was very special to have those 5 days together this summer.

No comments: