Thursday, August 8, 2013

Birthday Boy

Yes, I realize Josh's birthday was almost a month ago. We've been having a VERY fun summer and I'm a bit behind. In fact, the reason I am able to post right now is because it's 8:00am and the kids are still asleep. The adjustment back to the school year will be a bit rough.
 It is tradition in our family to wake up and do cake and presents first thing in the morning. Josh doesn't love cake so this year we made the cake batter, added some chocolate chips and made the cake in the waffle iron. Warm yellow cake- it doesn't get better than that. Thank you Pinterest!
 The next day my parents hosted all of us to a birthday dinner at their house. All of the cousins got to play together. It was perfect.
Josh turned 37 this year. It suits him well. :)

1 comment:

The Book Sage said...

He can't be 37 because I, his father, am only 50 - ish.