Wow. I have been a slacker with the blog. We've been having so much fun! At the end of our spring break we (the girls) went to San Francisco with our dear friends, Courtney and Camryn. We had a great time wearing the girls out by riding the cable car, walking around the piers, and going on the bungee! Both of the girls giggled as they went higher and higher and both screamed, "AGAIN!" when we were done.
They each brought $20 of their own money to spend on something of their choice. They both picked the same item (surprise, surprise). They sported their bunny hats that are also gloves all around the city!
Last weekend we had the pleasure of going to Lake Tahoe with our friends Guido and Bridge. It was so nice to see their lovely new home and just be able to hang out. It seems like every time we see each other we are in a rush either chasing the kids or sticking to a timeline. I can't remember the last time we just relaxed and chatted with them. They were SO generous with their house and with the kids. We sipped on the best margaritas EVER. Josh has named them the "Guidoritas." Let me know if you want the recipe. You will not be disappointed.
Here is Haley at her dance recital this past weekend. She has been taking a tap and ballet class at the community center. I LOVED her experience. I am convinced community center classes are the way to go. All classes are reasonable priced and very much age appropriate. She did a wonderful job. We were so proud of her.
It's not easy to see in the picture but she has 3 less teeth! That's a total of 6 permanent teeth now. She had 3 pulled last week. Like me, her teeth are coming in behind her baby teeth and not pushing them out. Her top two were pushed forward and she had some sweet bucky teeth for awhile. They will be missed, but I got lots of pictures of this phase. :) One was super loose and came out when she fell in our friend's yard, but the rest had to be pulled. She was a champ and was thrilled when the Tooth Fairy came again!
Last week I had one of the best days with Haley. I took the day off to chaperone her one field trip this year. To say she was excited is a complete understatement. She was excited that:
a. she would be riding the school bus to the trip
b. I would be a chaperone
c. we were going to Happy Hollow
The trip was no let down. She and her friend giggled the entire bus ride. She was so proud to introduce me to her friends I hadn't met. They basically had the park to themselves so once we were done with the animals and lunch it was roller coaster time. No exaggeration, they went on at least a dozen times. They would ride, run off, and run back on. They would scream and laugh the entire ride and then repeat. I have a great picture of Haley with her hands up, but it wouldn't transfer for some reason. In fact, I have some great shots of Haley with the kids, but they are close ups with their full name tags on and so I can't publish :(
I cherished being there as her mom during her day. It made me long to be able to take her and pick her up from school every day and be able to volunteer in her room. We are so blessed to have so many people who love our kids and take care of them while we work. I just know to soak in those wonderful days that I get to be a mom volunteer during her school day. We were both high from it all. It was a perfect day together.
Josh and I are into our May challenge of no TV. I'll fill you in as the month progresses. :)
Next post you'll get some Ry :)
1 comment:
Margarita recipe? Yes, please.
I love keeping up with your family adventures on your blog. So.Much.Fun.
Post a Comment