Yesterday I left campus to the sight of SCU kids playing beer pong painted in green. I returned for Open House a few hours later to the sight of the same kids, still playing beer pong but now they had their shirts on.
Oh...the days. Yes, I am Irish. And even if I wasn't I'd still celebrate. When I was young it was all about making sure I was wearing green so I didn't get pinched. Every year we had corned beef and cabbage and boiled potatoes. YUM!
In college it turned into consuming green beer starting early in the day and eating whatever was open late.
Yesterday I made sure the kids were wearing green and made sure we had all ingredients for homemade shamrock shakes. I didn't make the big meal since time was short due to having to come back and have Open House at my school. Here I was, being a mature adult, while college kids played games and enjoyed libations right across the street. My how times have changed.
Ok...I did end my night at the dive bar by school with fellow staff members. Everyone deserves a cold beer on St. Patrick's Day.
1 comment:
And I saw those kids playing the same game in the pouring rain after school on Friday - some with shirts and some without. Amazing.
Post a Comment