Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let Me Clarify

I know I am talking a lot about education and its flaws. The flaws I am talking about are about the system, NOT what is really happening in classrooms and schools. Because educators are not truly behind what the government has set up, they (except for the few that shouldn't be teachers) are working their tails off to ensure they are providing a quality education to the kids in front of them. This includes most of the people I know in the field. The work is not flawed, the motivation is not flawed, the talent is not flawed, the relationships with and impact on kids is not flawed.
Also, I was not the top 20% of my class so when I mention training the top students to become teachers I say it because the value system is different in other countries. Here, teaching is not a prestigious job as it is elsewhere.
Ok, DONE...for now.

No comments: