Friday, February 5, 2010

An Ugly Week

This week a series of things happened that show the darker side of humankind. My life, in general, has kept me sheltered from bad people and bad things. I know that I am naive about a lot and feel so disheartened when the ugliness of people rear's its ugly head. I'll make a long story short, but was almost scammed out of a lot of money (THANK GOD FOR MY MOM- she had heard of the scam and warned me about it), figured out that one of our students is most likely being abused at home, and saw a man in the middle of San Tomas Expwy stalled out in the pouring rain with no one stopping to help him. Before I got to him car after car just drove right on past.
I am so glad to live in my naive, happy world. I feel kind of funky to have seen what I did this week, but I know it's a good lesson. I always trust that everyone is just good and honest. I think I needed this to be smarter about all situations. Still, it would be better if I didn't have to be smarter because everyone had good intentions. UGH...I am glad it's Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People sometimes really suck. Especially right now when the economic situation makes people feel desperate. Owning my own business has made me a lot less trusting, more cynical, and quick to put my foot down and not be flexible. In some ways that's good because I used to be more of a doormat and I have gotten s stiff backbone but almost too much so now. People try and manipulate and abuse situations and it makes me sad that I used to be more optimistic about people and I feel like that has changed.