

She woke up and said "It's preschool day today!" Yes, Haley started preschool and I can't believe that at this time next year she will be in kinder. She was VERY ready to go. We took Ryan first so Diane could see Haley on her first day. On the way to school I kind of panicked and started reminding her of little things. She nodded her head and responded, "I know, Mama" to my comments such as "remember to get a tissue if you need to wipe your nose" and "remember to use your best manners." We got there and she told me and Josh that we could wave goodbye to her from outside the window...nice try, we are going in! We got in and Haley went straight for the kids after she was shown her little cubby for her things. As she began to play we were shown where to sign in and out, parent info, etc. As we said "ok..." Haley waved, gave each of us a hug and kiss (because we made her) and said "bye!" Off she went. I picked her up this afternoon. When I walked in she was getting her bow fixed by her teacher. I was the first parent to be there for pick up. She was happy to see me and especially her brother, but took her time to get some water and say goodbye to her new friends. She liked school. Her highlights: circle time when she got introduced by the teacher and got to say her birthday, getting to play outside on the structure 3 times, and lunch which was chicken and rice and veggies. She is looking forward to going back tomorrow. Did she have a melt down at bedtime from being tired? Ummm...you could say that.
Entering a new stage of life. Lovin' it.
3 comments:
I was JUST wondering this morning if she had started yet. So glad it was a success! No tears from Mama??
Many tears from Mama!
I LOVE it! She might be the cutest thing I've ever seen in that picture! I want to cry just thinking about it... :)
Post a Comment