Monday, May 11, 2009

A Weekend of Firsts

This weekend included a few firsts for me. Saturday morning I ran my first 5k. My staff organized it and a bunch of us went to Los Altos Hills for the race. It was a beautiful day and I ran most of it. A couple of the hills were just too steep. I have meant to do something like this for years. I really liked it. I kept regretting that we didn't have the camera to catch the energy of it all. Josh brought the kids to root us on with other families who came to support. It was a great way to start the weekend and I can see myself doing more things like that.

This was my first Mother's Day with my complete little family. When we had Haley we always knew we wanted another. Well, he's here and the day felt very special. In fact, at breakfast Ryan just kind of leaned into me for kisses. Although he has always been cuddly, this particular act was new. I kept going in for more and at the end I came up with tears in my eyes. I feel blessed to have my peanuts.
p.s. it must have been the full moon last week because Haley is back to her old self like nothing ever happened. Deary me.

No comments: