Friday, October 3, 2008

Old?

I have always sworn that I would never say "I'm getting old" or "I feel old." I must say that there have been some things that have happened recently that make me want to say "I am getting old."

1. A student today said that Nintendo was around with the dinosaurs. I remember replacing our Atari with a Nintendo and playing Super Mario Bros 24/7.

2. I have been in touch with a student from my first dyear of teaching. She is a junior in college, 21 years old! She is becoming a teacher.

3. My current students were born in 1998. They were 3 during 9/11 and DO NOT remember it!

4. Lauren spent 30 mins plucking gray hairs from my head.

I do not feel old, but these things have been friendly reminders that I am not in my 20s anymore. I am lovin' the 30s though!

1 comment:

Angela said...

All of the above would make me feel old. Especially #3. Are you kidding??