First of all, Happy Birthday Josie! We are so happy to be sharing a birthday with you today!
Needless to say I am awake and have been since 4:15 this morning. I find it appropriate that the baby woke me up. I got a good solid 4 and 1/2 hours, which is more than I anticipated. I cannot comprehend the fact that our baby will be here today. It is so bizarre to know when it is all happening. I have had irregular contractions for the past 2 days, so this baby is showing a few signs of readiness. Last night and this morning I have LOVED feeling and watching the baby move around. There truly are no words to describe what it is like to have a human life growing inside of you. It is awesome.
Haley is ready. She will tell you all about how we are going to go to the doctor to have our baby. She will tell you that the doctor is going to take the baby out of my tummy and I am going to have a big boo boo for awhile and won't be able to do some of the things we normally do (carry her, rough house, etc). She knows that I will be staying at the "doctor's" for a few nights but that she and Daddy are coming home at night to sleep in her own bed and then they'll come back in the morning to see us. She is ready to read books to the baby and give the baby a bath. She will tell you that babies do a couple of things. Using her fingers she will count out that they:
1. cry
2. poop
3. sleep
4. eat
This baby is so lucky to have such an incredible big sister. Last night she fell asleep right after her stories and I must have spent a 1/2 hour just laying beside her.
The support from family and friends continues to amaze and humble us. Everyone has been unbelievable. There is a quote that I heard a teacher say about a month ago at a conference by Maya Angelou. I have been too lazy to look it up, so forgive me as I butcher it. It goes something like: "You will not remember what people say. You will not remember what people do. But, you will always remember the way people make you feel."
We will never forget the way people are making us feel.
Wish us luck as as the Russell Four become complete this afternoon.
4 comments:
We love you guys! We can't wait to meet this little guy......or girl!
Wow what an exciting time! Thinking of you guys!
We are so thrilled for you all and can't wait to see this baby!
Anxiously waiting to hear.... boy??? Girl???? Name???? I am sure everything went perfectly and we can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Baby Russell!!!!!!
Love, Taryn and the rest of the Bills clan
Post a Comment